“Civic engagement on behalf of Rancho Cordova is our goal.”
Each class chooses and works on a community project. The project benefits the community and gives class members the opportunity to develop skills in fundraising, project management and navigating various administrative processes.
- Class XIV – Rancho Cordova In Action (2020) – Created a website platform providing a site for organizations to apply for assistance during COVID-19. The site also connects volunteers to opportunities and other ways to give back to our community.”
- Class XIII – Honoring Home Town Heroes (2019)
Developed a city street sign program to honor those who made the greatest sacrifice as military personnel, first responders or community servants and called Rancho Cordova home.
- Class XII – Celebrating 100 years of Mather AFB / Airport (2018)
Designed and produced four panels celebrating the 100 years of service of the former Mather Air Force Base (1918-1993) and now Mather Airport (1993-2018). Each panel depicts 25 years of aviation history.
- Class XI – Bike Racks (2017)
Placed six artistic and functional bike racks around the City for use by residents and guests. A Slideshow and press pamphlet are available here.
- Class X – Hagen Dog Park (2016)
Updated the Hagen Dog Park with new play equipment, benches for owners, and two dozen native, drought resistant trees to offer additional shade.
- Class IX – Gab, Gather & Gamble
Hosted a special event to benefit the Rancho Cordova PAL (Police Athletic League) and the PAL Palooza youth program.
- Class VIII – Play It Forward
Held a benefit concert to raise funds for musical instruments for Folsom Cordova Unified School District’s middle and high school students.
- Class VII – Project 680 Support
Purchased bins and shelving for the collection of Project 680 items for homeless children attending Rancho Cordova schools.
- Class VI – Refurbished “Welcome to Rancho Cordova” Signs
Refurbished two welcome to Rancho Cordova signs – one on Folsom Boulevard east of Bradshaw and one on Sunrise Boulevard near Trinity River Drive.
- Class V – Generation NeXt
Held an evening forum to engage 20-40 year old community members to learn how to participate in community leadership at a fundamental level and be partnered with a mentor to assist in developing leadership skills.
- Class IV – Cordova Towne Beautification Project
In collaboration with residents in the Cordova Towne neighborhood, resurfaced the wall along Mather Boulevard.
- Class III – Family Film Fair
Sponsored, in collaboration with the Cordova Recreation and Park District, three free outdoor movie events at three different parks in Rancho Cordova during the summer months.
- Class II – International Food Festival (2008)
Coordinated a festival in collaboration with the Cordova Recreation and Park District in the opening of a new park. It has become an annual event put on by the Cordova Community Council that celebrates the ethnic diversity of the community and celebrates the sounds, dance, and food from around the world.
- Class I – Community Historical Project (2007)
Set up exhibit in the lobby of City Hall building that documents and tells the story of Rancho Cordova